The truffles make a great gift for friends and family, they are easy to personalize by changing from milk chocolate, semi-sweet or dark chocolate, and also by changing up the nuts and or coatings.
Nostalgia Farms Semi-Sweet Chocolate Truffles
14 oz (2 cups) chopped semi-sweet chocolate chips or pieces
10 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
¾ cup ground nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds)
1. On medium heat in a heavy bottom saucepan, melt butter until very hot. Take off heat.
2. Add chocolate to hot butter. Stir until melted. Quickly stir in sifted powdered sugar and ground nuts. Combine thoroughly.
3. Spoon into container, cover loosely and let cool 3-4 hours at room temperature.
4. Using a 1 oz scoop or teaspoon, form into a ball and roll into ground nuts, coconut or cocoa powder. For a special Truffle you can cool formed balls in refrigerator for 1
0 minutes and dip into melted chocolate.
5. Allow candies to sit out for a few
hours to harden, place in small candy cups and wrap in small boxes to make one of kind gifts for your special someone. Enjoy, and Happy Valentines Day!
|Joe Dennis is a farmer at Nostalgia Farms in Walcott, Iowa. Together with his partner, Ed Kraklio, they sell locally-grown, organic produce at the Freight House Farmer's Market in downtown Davenport, IA near LeClaire Park, every Tuesday (3-6 pm) and Saturday (8 am -1 pm). You can visit the farm's website at: www.nostalgiafarms.com. Read more of Farmer Joe's blog posts on MVHNews, or try any of the Nostalgia Farms recipes on this website.|